The procedure for registration of the import of goods:
Features of registration of imports by individuals and legal entities
- Conclusion of a contract with a counterparty and coordination of the cargo shipment;
- Submission of a customs declaration with an accompanying package of documents and registration as a participant in foreign economic activity;
- Notification of the customs inspection on the arrival of the goods;
- Checking the cargo for compliance with the declared data;
- Payment of customs duties;
- Release of goods for transportation across Russia.
If a legal company is obliged to declare all goods that it imports into Russia, then the requirements for individuals are different. So, for example, a passenger can carry "on himself" currency, it is necessary to declare it only if the amount exceeds $ 10,000. For each category of goods, the Customs Union sets the maximum consignment that an individual can carry across the border through the "green corridor".Customs clearance of imports costs and terms
Preparation of documents before filing a customs declaration may differ in terms of time and cost. It generally depends on the nature of the cargo and the volume of shipment. The import clearance procedures at customs normally take about one day, but the FCS reserves the right to increase the time frame to 10 days. In exceptional cases, this period can be increased to several months.